Inspired by fresh local produce at the farmer’s market, Deirdre created a light, colorful summer recipe for one of her very favorites: tacos! These shrimp tacos pack tons of flavor and freshness!
- 8 oz. shredded red or green cabbage (or mix)
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, washed, peeled, and deveined
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 orange
- 3 Limes
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 ears of corn, raw cut right off the cob
- 2 heaping table spoons of Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- A handful of resh cilantro, chopped
- Cayenne pepper, kosher salt & fresh ground pepper, and hot sauce to taste
For the cabbage corn slaw, combine the following in a large bowl and whisk together until smooth:
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 orange
- Greek yogurt/sour cream
- Diced jalapeño to taste
- Few splashes of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- A dash of cayenne, salt, and pepper
- Shredded cabbage
Mix and set aside.
For the shrimp, combine:
- Juice of 1 lime
- A pinch of cayenne, salt, and pepper
- Few dashes of hot sauce
Heat a non-stick pan on med-high. Add a splash of olive oil and sauté shrimp until opaque. Build your tacos on warm tortillas of your choice or top a bed of greens for a taco salad! Add avocado, chopped cilantro and hot sauce (optional.) Enjoy!
One Healthy Breakdown: fresh enough for taco Tuesday or taco any day!