July is National Picnic Month, so pack a picnic today! Picnic’ing is one of my favorite things to do during the warm weather months. Taking a meal outdoors reconnects us with nature and reminds us of the beauty that surrounds us. It’s always fun to switch things up as dinnertime can become routine; picnics make a meal into a party! Pack a picnic for a family hike or bring a picnic to the beach for a great date night. Whether it’s just a couple of pre-made sandwiches or a whole gourmet meal, picnics add a fun adventure. Either way, wine is a must 😉
Here’s what you’ll need to pack the perfect picnic:
- picnic basket, cooler, or bag to hold everything
- large blanket to sit on
- food! some simple/portable ideas include: sandwiches, wraps, a pizza, salad, cheese platter, fruit salad, bread, etc.
- utensils (forks/knives/spoons/cups/plates/napkins)
- drinks (be sure to bring water…and wine/beer if you wish!)
- bottle opener
- plastic containers
- ice packs
- a trash bag for your garbage
- bug spray, incense, or a bug-repellent candle
- bring a book or magazines if you’re solo
- toys or bubbles if you’re with kids
- a camera to capture the fun!
One Healthy Breakdown: a picnic can turn a regular meal into a family party or a romantic getaway, picnic it up today!