This week, my family lost an incredible piece of the puzzle, my grandfather “Ba” aka Rocky. I was so lucky to know this guy; anyone that crossed his path knew he was a very special man.
Here are just a few of the very many life lessons I learned from Rocky over the years:
1. If you’re on time, you’re late. Don’t be late, especially when you want to make a good impression.
2. Happy hour is the best hour. Never skip it. Rocky lived for his 4 o’clock martini. Every single day.
3. Nothing in the world is more important than family. Cherish family. Every single day.
4. Attitude is everything. If the sun is shining, embrace the day. Every single day.
5. Travel the world. Rocky, along with my grandmother, were lucky enough to visit almost a hundred countries. Everywhere they went, Rocky would learn the native language for “thank you” so that he could properly thank others throughout his travels.
6. Hard work pays off. Work hard and work smart. Either do it right or don’t do it at all.
7. Stay active by doing things you love. Every single day.
8. If your wife says she doesn’t like dogs, bring one home anyway to test the waters. If she gives you an ultimatum that it’s either her or the dog, she’s probably serious.
9. Pasta, brownies, and booze are the fuel of life.
10. Humor is always appropriate and appreciated.
One Healthy Breakdown: you’ll never be forgotten, Rocky. Cheers to a life well-lived. Love you lots.