There’s nothin’ like warm apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream atop…right?! If you’re an apple pie fan, you’ll love this one – great for any time of the day (yes, even breakfast!) and makes a perfect post-workout refuel! Warm up while you cool down, feed your body, and wake up your senses with this sweet smoothie recipe!
In a blender, combine the following:
- 1 large (or 2 small) apples
- 1 handful romaine lettuce or spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop high-quality vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- ice cubes if desired
One Healthy Breakdown: it doesn’t look like a pie, feel like a pie, or compare nutritionally (thankfully!) but it sure is tasty…and healthy!