What looks like a brownie but has zero grains, dairy, chocolate, or added sugar? Another experiment gone right in the OHH kitchen, Paleo Strawberry Beet Bars, of course! These babies are chock-full of superfoods and taste, so much so that even the littlest critics will enjoy.
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1-2 cooked beets (I used 2 precooked Love Beets)
- 2 tablespoons goji beries
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 5 whole figs or dates
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
- splash of almond milk (if necessary)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a brownie pan with coconut oil. Combine all ingredients in Vitamix or high-powered blender/food processor. Once mixture is blended, pour into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Test with a fork or knife to make sure bars are solid, they may need a little bit more time depending on your pan size. Let cool, cut into bars, and enjoy for breakfast, snack, post-workout fuel, or a healthy dessert all week long!
One Healthy Breakdown: these bars are paleo-rific!Follow Me