Who doesn’t love a good milkshake?! Unfortunately, milkshakes aren’t exactly the best everyday treat, but a green smoothie that TASTES like a milkshake is a whole different story!
The first time I blended up some traditional green juice, I was not overly impressed by the grassy flavor or consistency, but as soon as I added flavored protein powder and a bit of vanilla, I couldn’t get enough. This upgraded shake has been my meal/snack of choice lately and it’s great for any time of day! Smoothies, shakes, and juice are super refreshing and this one’s packed with goodness and taste!
- 1 large handful spinach or greens of choice
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 shot wheatgrass (I found frozen single servings at Provisions)
- 1 cored pear or apple
- 1/4 cup berry of choice
- 1 tablespoon plain non/low-fat greek yogurt (omit for non-dairy)
- 1-2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder and/or 1-2 tablespoon chocolate protein powder (depending on your preference, add a little more powder for meal replacement and a little less for a snack)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- a few ice cubes
- water as needed to blend to your ideal consistency
Blend all ingredients together in blender/food processor, pour into a glass, add a pink straw, and enjoy! If you’re a real chocoholic, add a teaspoon or two of cacao powder. The great thing about blending your own green smoothies is the variety – add what you have in the firdge. As long as you’ve got some greens and a little something sweet, you’re good to go.
One Healthy Breakdown: delicious, nutritious, slurpelicious.Follow Me
4 thoughts on “Green Smoothie for Milkshake Lovers”