What’s a zoat?! Much like zoodles are noodles, zoats are oats made out of zucchini (plus, they’re fun to say.) While they’re not the prettiest of breakfast bowls, they sure are delicious and super, duper healthy, without any gluten, dairy, or sugar! What’s better than polishing off a cozy breakfast knowing that you’ve already gotten in a good serving of veggies? Nada.
Breakfast Zoats (makes 1 large or 2 smaller portions)
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 heaping spoonful of flaxmeal
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon walnuts or nuts of choice
- optional: 1 egg or 1 scoop collagen peptides or protein powder of choice
Grate zucchini into a saucepan on heated stove top. Add remaining ingredients, mix together, and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Transfer to bowl and enjoy warm.
One Healthy Breakdown: totes for zoats that taste like oats!