I can’t be the only one around here with a serious sweet tooth. Move over salty snacks, it’s sweetness I’m craving 99% of the time. Since (added) sugar contains nothing good for the body, here are some healthier ways to satisfy that sweet tooth, sans the sugar high or slump!
- Fruit (“nature’s candy!” eat fruit fresh, frozen, dried, or even dipped in dark chocolate)
- Sip on tea with honey
- Go for a latte or coffee
- Combine seltzer, fresh fruit, and a dash of stevia for a sparkling sweet drink
- Make a healthy smoothie or some yummy banana froyo
- Mix plain Greek yogurt with a little cinnamon, vanilla extract, and stevia
- Try trail mix or homemade granola
One Healthy Breakdown: tame your sweet tooth without damaging your teeth or your waistline!