Spring is arguably the most promising of seasons, showing signs of growth, vibrance, sunshine, and rejuvenation. Unfortunately, spring also brings about unreliable weather, the peak of allergy season, and those end-of-flu-season germs that have us needing some serious Vitamin C. Ditch the pills and give your immune system a healthy boost with this tasty treat instead!
- 1 orange or 2 clementines or 1 grapefruit (peeled)
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 scoop high quality vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk or coconut water
- 1 handful romaine lettuce (optional)
- dash of turmeric or small piece of turmeric root (optional)
- ice cubes (optional)
Add all ingredients to a blender, starting with the liquids. Blend until smooth. Add ice cubes if you wish. Pour into a glass and enjoy, knowing that you’re feeding your body right.
One Healthy Breakdown: real food cures