Did you know that April is National Stress Awareness Month? Stress can really bring us down, which is why we’re talking about the importance of relaxing and decompressing to be our best selves. Here are few important benefits of relaxing and rejuvenating:
- Relaxation boosts the immune system, which lowers incidence of illness
- Relaxation aids decision-making skills (stress clouds our judgement and reason)
- Relaxation boosts memory and other cognitive functions
- Relaxation stabilizes mood and stimulates the pleasure response, which enhances contentment and greatly reduces rate of depression
- Relaxation decreases blood pressure
- Relaxation promotes weight maintenance (stress increases appetite and cortisol)
- Relaxation often results in better, deeper, uninterrupted sleep
- Relaxation provides us with more energy overall
- Relaxation does wonders for clear skin
- Relaxation makes us feel GREAT!
Good news, relaxing and rejuvenating the mind, body, and soul is now more accessible than ever! Hamptons Wellness Week is returning, bigger and better than ever! This time around, the week is PACKED with amazing offers from local spas, salons, and wellness providers to get us all relaxed and ready to “Ease into the Season.” Mark your calendar because May 3rd kicks off a wellness week like NO other. Stay tuned to hamptonswellnessweek.com for details coming soon and be sure to check our daily updates on Hamptons Wellness Week’s Facebook Page!
One Healthy Breakdown: we all deserve a little R & R before summer craziness!