Brrrrrr! It’s beginning to look a lot like…cold season, flu season, germ season. Ick. Here are some tips on fighting germs and staying healthy so we don’t feel like this little munchkin.
- Get enough Vitamin C (found in bell peppers, strawberries, papaya, oranges, greens, etc.)
- Lots of cinnamon and oregano, the natural antibiotics (herbs and spices are SO good, packed with flavor and health benefits at no calorie cost!)
- Get your probiotics (yogurt, miso, sauerkraut, etc.)
- Skip or minimize sugar, it weakens the immune system.
- Eat foods with lots of phytochemicals (plant-based nutrients) to ensure lots of vitamins and minerals.
- Get enough rest. You know the deal, 8 hour minimum!
- Eat foods with riboflavin (mushrooms, soybeans, spinach, almonds, etc.)
- Drink hot tea and hot lemon water, they warm and detox the body.
- Load on the garlic, preferably raw, for countless health and anti-bacterial benefits.
- Use coconut oil, it boosts the immune system.
- Breathe natural steam above a boiling pot of water for a natural decongestant.
- Apple cider vinegar alkalizes the body among lots of other benefits!
- Wash your hands often (obviously!)
- STAY WARM! Layer up!
One Healthy Breakdown: Germs happen, but we can fight off sickness!