What makes One Healthy Hamptons live on? YOU do! The best part of OHH is the community, engagement, sharing, doing, trying, and inspiring one another! If you’d like to share an article, story, recipe, tip, Hamptons happening, or any other healthy, happy stuff, please do! Email email@example.com over the next few weeks with your content/idea! OHH will be “off the grid” for Kiley’s wedding and honeymoon (!!!!) this coming fall, but would love to share your healthy goodness! Thanks in advance!
Here are some special, personal gift ideas for mom:
- write down best memories and make a collage or memory book
- cook her a meal or make it a bonding experience and cook together
- make a photo album (a real, tangible, real life one, not online!)
- go to her favorite fitness class or activity with her
- rent her favorite movies and watch it with her (make her popcorn for extra points)
- take over the laundry, dishes, cleaning for the day (or week if you’re extra dedicated)
- give a signed document that says “you were right all along”
- if you’re crafty, make her something with love
- take her to get a manicure/pedicure
- a puzzle with a family photograph
- a cookbook of your favorite family meals
- a recorded Happy Mother’s Day video
- send a jib-jab (who doesn’t like a jib-jab?!)
- bring her breakfast in bed
- give her favorite tea, coffee, or wine 😉
- a subscription to her favorite magazine
- whip her up a batch of Mom’s TLC Oatmeal Cookies
- send flowers
One Healthy Breakdown: it’s the thought that counts, put some thought into making Mom’s day this Mother’s Day!
Today is the day. Wednesday, October 2nd officially marks the celebration of…KALE! Yes, kale is everywhere. Kale is trendy. Kale is crunchy. Kale is the king of superfoods. If you haven’t jumped on the kale train, you just may reconsider once you’ve tried the classic green juice’s indulgent, crunchy, yummy-in-my-tummy friend, kale chips!
Yummy (in my tummy) Kale Chips: Preheat oven to 325 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut stems off one head of kale, wash and dry. Cut into pieces and spread out on cookie sheet. Massage kale with coconut oil (no more than a tablespoon total.) Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes or until crisps. Let cool and serve as chips. So crispy, so light, so healthy…SO good! For more clean, lean green recipes, sign up for One Healthy Hamptons’ Fab Fall Cleanse!
One Healthy Breakdown: National Kale Day – let the celebration begin!
July is National Picnic Month, so pack a picnic today! Picnic’ing is one of my favorite things to do during the warm weather months. Taking a meal outdoors reconnects us with nature and reminds us of the beauty that surrounds us. It’s always fun to switch things up as dinnertime can become routine; picnics make a meal into a party! Pack a picnic for a family hike or bring a picnic to the beach for a great date night. Whether it’s just a couple of pre-made sandwiches or a whole gourmet meal, picnics add a fun adventure. Either way, wine is a must 😉
Here’s what you’ll need to pack the perfect picnic:
- picnic basket, cooler, or bag to hold everything
- large blanket to sit on
- food! some simple/portable ideas include: sandwiches, wraps, a pizza, salad, cheese platter, fruit salad, bread, etc.
- utensils (forks/knives/spoons/cups/plates/napkins)
- drinks (be sure to bring water…and wine/beer if you wish!)
- bottle opener
- plastic containers
- ice packs
- a trash bag for your garbage
- bug spray, incense, or a bug-repellent candle
- bring a book or magazines if you’re solo
- toys or bubbles if you’re with kids
- a camera to capture the fun!
One Healthy Breakdown: a picnic can turn a regular meal into a family party or a romantic getaway, picnic it up today!