This refreshingly crunchy salad is tasty, healthy, and super easy to make. With lots of veggies, healthy fats, and protein, it packs a powerful punch and tastes as indulgent as take-out! Makes a great lunch, dinner, side dish. Makes 2-3 servings and makes for great leftovers for the next day!
- 1.5 cup shredded cabbage (use red, green, or a combination of both)
- 1 cup chopped jicama
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
For dressing, whisk the following until mixed:
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter or tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dark miso
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
For more protein, add cooked egg, tofu, chicken, tempeh etc. Pour dressing over ingredients and mix thoroughly.
One Healthy Breakdown: easier and tastier than you think!
*Recipe adapted from The Ultra-Metabolism Cookbook by Mark Hyman