If you find yourself with a ton of extra apples sitting around after apple picking this fall, this is a great recipe to make…and it’s grain free, gluten free, and dairy free, but not taste free! My kiddos love these for an easy breakfast or after school snack with some almond or peanut butter, yum!
Ingredients: (makes ~8 muffins)
- 2 apples (I suggest any red variety as they are sweeter than green)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour (or click here for my other favorite types of flour)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax and/or hemp seeds
- 2 dates
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Simply core apples and blend all ingredients in food processor or blender (I did this using my Vitamix) OR grate apples first and mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl for more textured muffins. Pour into non-stick muffin/cupcake pan or use cupcake liners (I use silicone baking cups I got on Amazon for mess-free baking.) Bake for 30-35 minutes, checking muffin consistency with a fork at 30 minutes. Enjoy!
One Healthy Breakdown: that apple cinnamon taste you love, in a healthy kid-friendly breakfast!