Overnight oats are a great alternative to cereal in the morning and they’re a huge time-saver. Cool, refreshing, and uber healthy, this recipe includes blueberries and maca powder for an extra dose of vitamins, minerals, mood-boosters, energy, and more! Let’s get soakin’, shall we?
Ingredients: (gluten-free, dairy-free, and no added sugar!)
- 1/3 cup plain raw oats (I prefer Purely Elizabeth)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- optional: 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice
Combine oats, almond milk, seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, and blueberries. Mix and refrigerate in a jar or bowl overnight. In the morning, add your maca, stir, and go to town!
One Healthy Breakdown: super blue superfood breakfast in a flash!