It’s Friday. It’s summer. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere. Let’s talk cocktails.
Healthy Summertime Cocktails:
1. Cucumber Wonder: pour 1 shot vodka or gin over ice in a glass and fill remainder with club soda. Add a few torn fresh mint and basil leaves and a few slices cucumber. Sweeten with a sprinkle of Stevia (optional.)
2. Light Marg: pour 1 shot tequila over ice in a glass and fill remainder with club soda.. Add a splash of fresh lime juice, a teaspoon of agave (optional) and a sprinkle of sea salt (optional.) For frozen margs, just blend with ice.
3. Simply Citrus: pour 1 shot vodka over ice and fill remainder with club soda. Add a squeeze of fresh grapefruit juice and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
4. Hamptons Colada: mix 1 shot rum (or coconut vodka) with equal parts fresh pineapple juice and coconut water and add a splash of coconut milk. Add ice and blend (optional.)
5. Watermelonade: blend 1 cup fresh watermelon with 1 oz. fresh lemon or lime juice, 1 shot liquor of choice, and ice cubes.
6. The Go-To Spritzer: pour equal parts of your favorite white win and club soda over ice. Add fruit to garnish (optional.)
One Healthy Breakdown: a little summer cocktail never hurt anyone. CHEERS to a healthy, happy summer!