Chocolate mousse…yum…. Healthy chocolate mousse? Hmmm…
Avocado is the magic ingredient making this mousse light and healthy, yet decadent and delicious. If you have a couple of avocados lying around getting super soft, that’s a great excuse to make chocolate mousse (and if not, go get your hands on some and make this!)
Ingredients: (makes 3 servings)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate or cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peanut or almond butter (omit for nut-free)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- dash of sea salt
- optional: 1 scoop chocolate protein powder and/or collagen peptides for added protein
Combine and melt chocolate/cacao nibs, coconut oil, and honey/maple syrup together on stove or in microwave. Add all ingredients into blender/food processor and blend until consistent. Refrigerate at least 25 minutes and devour. Top with chopped nuts and/or granola if you’d like.
One Healthy Breakdown: there are many delicious ways to eat avocado, but this is the most decadent way by far!