Introducing Lisa Hayim, founder of The Well Necessities, and her Chocolate PB & J Cups that are sure to make your mouth water…at least ours did.
These are seriously my most loved dessert creation, so easy, and come out so damn good!
Recipe: (makes six PB & J cups and takes about one hour)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons jelly
1/4 cup powdered peanut butter OR 4 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
2 tablespoons water
6 cupcake tins
1. Add almond milk to chocolate and heat until just melted and smooth. Use a fork to mix.
2. In a separate bowl, mix peanut butter with water until creamy.
3. Using half of the chocolate mixture, evenly distribute into the cupcake tins, spreading so that it is even on bottom, about 1/2 inch thick. Place in freezer for 10-20 minutes until cool.
4. Remove cups from freezer, add jelly to each cup,(about 1/4 inch thick) and add remaining chocolate on top. Place in freezer again about ten minutes until cool.
5. Evenly distribute the peanut butter mixture on top of each cup.
6. Place in freezer to harden and enjoy in 30 minutes!
One Healthy Breakdown: dessert done right, RD approved and delicious!