We’re officially kicking off apple season (hooray!) with a treat that’s super delicious and nutritious; apple coconut crisp! Putting a spin (and a dose of healthy fat) on the old favorite with just three simple, healthy ingredients; apples, cinnamon, and coconut. Yes, it’s totally okay to enjoy a serving or two regularly for breakfast, snack, or a healthful dessert!Makes one large serving or two smaller portions:
- cover a small cookie sheet or pan with wax paper
- chop two apples and place cubes on cookie sheet
- sprinkle apples generously with cinnamon
- bake at 400 degrees for ~10/15 minutes until apples begin to brown
- sprinkle apples with shredded (unsweetened) coconut and continue to bake another few minutes until coconut browns
- serve warm or cool
Yum! It’s great as is, but feel free to mix it up. For a satisfying breakfast, add granola, oats, or some nuts. For a creamier dessert, add whipped cream, whipped coconut cream, honey, plain Greek yogurt, (pictured) or even some vanilla ice cream if you’re going all out.