Let’s forgo the fast food, skip the drive thru, hold the corned beef, and head straight for the shake. We’re talking a Shamrock Shake, yum yum. After all, a large shake at McDonalds will cost ya almost a day of calories, well over 100 grams of sugar, and a whole lotta other crap that is far from lean or green. This healthy version is delicious and nutritious enough to have for…breakfast! Lucky you!
One Healthy Shamrock Shake:
In a blender, combine:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 large handful spinach or romaine (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cucumber
- A bunch of fresh mint leaves and/or one drop of peppermint extract (a little bit goes a long way)
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- handful of ice cubes
Pour into a large glass. Top with extra nibs or chocolate chips and go to town!
One Healthy Breakdown: it’s a wish come true!Follow Me