Enjoy this special Asian salmon for two followed by decadent (healthy!) brownies, the perfect Valentine’s Day dinner, thanks to Teresa and Believe in Nutrition!
Asian Salmon for Two
- 1 tablespoon miso, preferably white
- 1 tablespoon mirin, asian rice wine vinegar found in ethnic aisle
- 1 1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 8 ounces center-cut salmon fillet, skinned (shrimp or scallops)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Position rack in upper third of oven. Preheat broiler. Line small baking pan with foil and coat lightly with cooking spray. Whisk miso, mirin, soy sauce, ginger, and hot sauce in a small bowl until smooth. Place salmon fillets, skinned-side down, in the prepared pan. Brush generously with the miso mixture. Broil the salmon until just cooked through in the center, 6 to 8 minutes. Garnish the salmon with scallions, cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve with grilled vegetables and a salad and enjoy, but save some room for dessert!
Each of these brownies is only 100 calories and tastes divine! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 3 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup of agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A couple teaspoons chopped walnuts (optional for topping)
Mix all the ingredients for a couple minutes in a food processor or blender, except the walnuts. Pour the mix into an 8×8 pan sprayed with cooking spray, and sprinkle the walnuts on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Bake at 300 degrees for an additional 5 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
One Healthy Breakdown: made with LOVE!Follow Me