There’s LOTS to celebrate this time of year! With holiday parties left and right, it’s important to be aware of what you’re sipping on. Good old champagne and wine are great options, but who can resist a tasty holiday cocktail?! Unfortunately, these festive bevs can pack more calories than Christmas cookies. Here’s a few delicious recipes for holiday cocktails you can enjoy. Your guests will love them too! “Clink” to that!
Red & Green Sangria:
- 2 apples
- 1 pear
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary, extra for garnish
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1/2 cup of white grape juice
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup, stevia, agave, sweetener of choice)
- 2 cups club soda/sparkling water
Mix ingredients and serve chilled.
Candy Cane Martini:
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup peppermint Schnapps
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon honey or sweetener of choice
Garnish with a candy cane and sip chilled.
Spiced Crock-Pot Cider: (adopted from Food Network’s Slow Cooker Hard Cider)
- 2 quarts natural apple cider
- 1-2 inch piece ginger root
- Two cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup sweetener (light brown sugar, honey or maple syrup)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups gin
Put all ingredients in crock-pot and cook for about an hour. Strain solids and serve warm in mugs. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
One Healthy Breakdown: cheers to a healthy, happy holiday season and a happy new year!Follow Me