Who can pass up that minty bark?! Peppermint bark is definitely an indulgence to be enjoyed this time of year. That combo of rich chocolate and mint is enough to spread holiday cheer in one little bite. After all, there’s no better way to eat a candy cane than with a side of chocolate!
Here’s a healthier upgrade for a homemade peppermint bark that’s sure to please anyone from your kitchen to the North Pole and back!
- 1 cup of quality dark chocolate, chocolate chips, or carob chips
- 1/4 cup cacoa powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon almond milk or water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 drops of pure peppermint extract
- 4 peppermint candy canes or 20 peppermint candies – crushed into small pieces
Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Combine all ingredients except for candy canes in a bowl. Transfer mixture to a sauce pan to melt on low heat (or in microwave.) Stir until consistent and let cool for just a few minutes before adding half of candy canes. Spread evenly on wax paper. Add remaining candy canes on top of chocolate sheet and freeze for at least two hours. Once completely solid, remove from freezer and break into pieces. Eat, gift, and smile.
One Healthy Breakdown: just as delicious (and way more nutritious!) than store-bought bark!Follow Me