Happy National Relaxation Day! While most other holidays are about actively celebrating, today is all about giving yourself a break, slowing down, relaxing, rejuvenating, and unwinding. Spend some time alone. Maybe even (gasp!) shut your phone off…yeah, I said it. Making time to relax is so important for our health – both mental and physical.
- Sit still and take 10 deep breaths.
- Play. Just play, whatever that means for you (go to a class you love, paint a picture, walk the beach, get out on the water, go for a hike, build a sandcastle, or even go to the playground and swing on the swings.)
- Lie in the sun.
- Take a bubble bath or long shower.
- Snuggle up and read a good book or watch your favorite movie/show.
- Go to the spa or do an at-home spa treatment.
- Get a massage or a pedicure.
- Listen to music. Just listen, don’t multi-task.
- Take a nap.
- Meditate. Or try this gratitude exercise.
- Cook a meal and eat it slowly, enjoy every bite.
- Organize/de-clutter your house/office and make a to-do list.
- Take the dog (or yourself) for a long walk.
- Pick fresh flowers.
- Do some yoga.
- Dance, just dance.
- Light a candle.
- Enjoy a glass of wine.
One Healthy Breakdown: unwinding is just as important as getting things done, allow yourself this gift today and everyday!Follow Me