Ever have a serious case of “The Mondays?” The average person doesn’t smile once until after 11:16am on Monday due to those “Monday Blues,” that’s not cool! Here are some tips to get you smiling early, bust “The Mondays,” and make it through the week happy and healthy!
- Get enough sleep. Snooze an extra 10 minutes if you can, it’s Monday and you deserve it.
- Take 10 deep breaths to relax your mind and body a little.
- Think of how lucky you are to have a great job or beautiful family, whatever it is you do, feel good about it.
- SMILE. And even laugh a little.
- Get to the gym, the earlier the better. Working out boosts mood instantly.
- Listen to good music on the way to work.
- Eat an enjoyable, fueling breakfast and pack or make time for a satisfying lunch.
- Do a good deed for a coworker or friend, and then feel good about it.
- Wear something new or really comfy, something you love, on Mondays.
- Get some fresh air.
- Go for a walk outside – this will get you moving and get your vitamin D in!
- Start a new book or DVR a show and save it for Monday evening to give you something to look forward to.
- Call an old friend to catch up tonight.
- Do something after work every Monday, like take a bath, get a pedicure, or take a class you love.
One Healthy Breakdown: Beat those Mondays all the way to Friday!Follow Me