Did you know it’s National Frozen Yogurt Week? As a froyo addict, I say this is definitely something to celebrate! I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen for a healthy recipe to satisfy that froyo craving. Scoop it up here!
Ingredients: (makes two servings)
- 2 frozen bananas (I freeze banana slices in an ice cube tray so that they’re readily available for this very reason! Instant froyo, smoothies, and green drinks!)
- 1 cup of non-fat or low fat Greek yogurt (I use plain to make a tart yogurt with little sugar, feel free to use your fave flave!)
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon stevia (or sweetener of choice)
Blend ingredients above in food processor or ice cream maker. Add your favorite mix-ins (berries, chocolate chips, or nuts) Once blended, put mixture in a bowl in freezer. Stir every 30 minutes until mixture is frozen. Add topping if you wish. Enjoy!Here are some other home-made froyo recipes I found online that look mmmmm froyotastic:
- Best Fit Body’s PBnJ Froyo
- Chocolate Covered Katie’s 2 Ingredient Froyo
- Mothertime Marketplace’s Frozen Yogurt Shamrock Shake
- Tasty Home Mint Chocolate Chip Froyo
- The Vintage Mixer’s Honey Almond Froyo
One Healthy Breakdown: froyo lovers unite, it’s time to celebrate.